Monday, September 5, 2011

Seven Days In Utopia

If you have any free time in the next few weeks and love the game of golf, go check out Seven Days in Utopia. Last night I walked over to the movie theater (weather in Houston cooled to a nice 93*) and watched one of the best golf/life books I have read in a long time. Most golf books are either working on your physical or mental aspects of the game but this book/movie shows the true importance in life: a relationship with Jesus.

It's not a movie that will break box office records or something that will be award winning, but the message is timeless and puts life into perspective. I am not much of a movie-goer but this was too good to pass up.



Numerical Summary for the Labor Day Weekend:

4 - hours watching the Baylor/TCU game. If you didn't watch the game, you missed an Instant Classic. And you're crazy to think that I wasn't at the game. Sic Em.

1 - number of comments hurled from me to folks wearing purple after the game. Why do I mention this? Because the only time I opened my mouth, someone behind me asked if I was trying to start a fight. Who was it? The youth pastor at the baptist church near my parents house that I have visited before. Tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.

6:45 - AM tee time the morning following the Baylor game. I got 4 hours of sleep and then was on the golf course for 4 hours. If only life was that generous to give me equal parts sleep and golf.


3 comments:

Steve said...

Shane, I wanted you to know I enjoy your blog and great sense of humor...I know others enjoy it as well we are just too lazy to post comments. Thanks for taking the time to entertain us.

Uncle Steve

Steve/Snuf said...

It was definitely a classic especially with you being there along with your mother who almost threw up.

shannonmichaelis said...

Love that you are doing posts like this! Makes me want to see the move. Would JT like it or not? Wish I could have been at the game...Sic 'Em!