Thursday, May 12, 2011

Huh What?!

Soooo....

It's been a life-long dream to own a car made by Carroll Shelby. Ever since I was interested in muscle cars, I have always wanted a '67 Shelby A/C Cobra:
Well, I can't afford a REAL Shelby A/C and I wasn't about to drop $40K on a kit version of the car.

My Honda has been hit with the injury bug as of late and I was pouring an insane amount of money in the old girl. I ran the numbers and realized I was spending more on repairs than a monthly car payment. Sure, I wouldn't continue the streak of major repairs because soon enough I would have replaced just about everything on that heap!

My childhood friend works in the used car lot of a Chevy dealership in McGregor, TX (just outside of Waco). Two weeks ago, when I was busy replacing yet another transmission on the Accord, he calls me and says there is a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT (#1694 out of 6000 made) on his lot with low miles. So when I traveled to Waco for a charity golf tournament I stopped by the dealership.

This is it in my parking garage.


I am in my mid-life crisis stage already...at the ripe age of 30. I will inform everyone once the memory fades, the grey hair encroaches, the wrinkles appear and I start eating a vast majority of soft foods. Until then...I am supporting the industry I work in by using as much gas as possible!!

Random picture of the week:
I was driving to my sister's house when I got to an intersection and noticed a small sedan attempt to take a tree home from the local nursery. I would hate for them to call a buddy with a truck to come help them out.


Numerical Summary for the Weekend:

12 - people I entertained down at the Morby beach house this past weekend. I was expecting anywhere from 4 to 24 so that was a perfect sized group. Smoked meats, cold beer, plenty of sunshine and a stunningly clean Galveston beach.

14 - lbs of picnic roast I smoked for 9 hours while we partied. Usually we are all so tired from the day, anything tastes good and the food didn't disappoint this year.

24 - inch red fish caught by my friend Matt Thursday night. We fished until about 2 am and the biggest one was the last one we caught. We were either going to run out of lures or beer by the end of the night. Turns out we ran out of energy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous.

shannonmichaelis said...

Loud. :-)

Hope it is bringing you the joy you desire. And the gas bill...well...what can you do? :-)