Friday, May 27, 2011

For the Holiday Weekend

Houston's forecast for the Holiday weekend: Partly Cloudy, Breezy, High in the low 90s.

What is loaded in the car for my friend Craig's Lake Party: Swimsuit, sound cube of death, ipod, SPF 100, tooth brush and some flip flops.

Summer is definitely here.

Here are some of my 'Best Of' for the summer.

Best Margarita Ever...Period. It's easy to make and probably one of the healthiest margaritas you will ever drink because it is just alcohol and fruit juice. The orange helps reduce the acid bite that most margaritas carry.
1 oz Patron Silver
1 oz Patron Orange
1 oz Triple Sec
Squeeze/Juice of 2 limes and 1 med orange (best to microwave the fruit for 20 seconds to get more juice out)
Mix well with lots of ice (no salt or sugar on the rim).

Best Steak (that I have ever made)
Choice cut of meat
Brine for an hour prior to grilling
Heat grill as hot as it can get
Season steak accordingly (I like to use a little brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika)
Sear the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side
Finish steak by heating oven to 400* and baking for about 7-10 minutes.
Serve with a little butter.
Note: If you have a really thick piece of meat, you will get the middle cooked faster (more evenly) if you put a few nails in the steak. The metal acts as a conductor of heat and it is perfect for those who don't like rare steaks.

Best Suntan Lotion for intense summer parties

<span class=
This sweat and water proof 'spray-on' lotion is simply magic. I spray it on at the beginning of the sun exposure and it lasts all day long. No need to reapply. Heck, I have to scrub in the shower pretty good just to get it off. I think it absorbs into the blood stream!!

Best Shoes for the Summer

&<span class=
Old man slippers?! No sir. These are Reef's Slip On Shoes and they are just as comfortable as sandals. They have their uber soft insole and I wear these all the time. Another pair I own is made by Sanuk. Being a golfer, I have an unsightly sock tan line and these shoes help people from noticing the stark contrast of my normal skin tone and my tan legs. Plus, getting older = ugly toes.
&<span class=

Best Summer Beers



Blue Moon is always a safe bet. Blonde Bombshell is perfect for pool side. Dos XX is like a good dog, always there to greet you when you get home, never leaves your side, and always has a smile on its face.

Headed to Lake Conroe!


Numerical Summary for the week:

4 - AM...which the time I woke up this morning. The power went out in my apartment and all the clocks were flashing 12:00. I have black out shades so I didn't know what time it was. Once I found my phone, I was already awake. Still didn't make it to work until 8ish.

1 - year away from Facebook. I decided to reactivate my account...but I am already starting to regret it. So many incriminating photos out there.

15 - estimated crowd size for the lake party. I know the house can sleep a bunch of people but since I will be the 15th wheel, I have a feeling I will be sleeping in a closet. That may sound bad to some of you, but if you knew my vacation sleeping arrangements growing up...a closet is an upgrade!!

1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

You got back on Facebook? Leaving me in the dust?

Closet...sleeping upgrade...ha!