Sunday, March 27, 2011

Monday Qualifier

Just a quick update for Monday...

I tee off at 7:45am. We will be the third group off which is a perfect position to be in. Go out when the weather isn't a factor, post a low score and then watch the others get beat up by the heat and wind. You can track the scores HERE.


My playing partners are Eric Axley and Michael Letzig, both are PGA Tour Veterans.

Mr. Axley is a fellow lefty and was the poster child for one of my favorite golf clothing lines, Sligo. He has since moved on to another clothing company (SubSeventy, I believe) but this is what he use to sport on the course:

Cool story about Mr. Letzig...2 years ago at the Shell Houston Open, I had media credentials so I was able to walk inside the ropes with the players. I was on the 18th tee box waiting for Mr. Letzig to hit when he stopped to clean his shoes. He looked at his caddy and said: 'You got to look good walking down the 18th fairway'. He then proceeded to hit it straight down the middle.


I think I'm at somewhat of an advantage for the round because there is no pressure for me to succeed. So what if I play bad. I am just going to go out there, hit as many greens as I can and pray the putter catches fire.

To summarize: I am 18 holes away from the PGA Tour.


Numerical Summary for the weekend:

50- minutes spent watching my nephew play tee-ball at the local YMCA. It was a league for a bunch of 3 and 4 year-olds. It was pretty funny watching the circus and the kids making up their own rules as they ran from 1st to 3rd to 2nd.

84- temperature for Houston yesterday. Why did I mention this? Oh, because I was in a suit. At an outdoor wedding. With no breeze. At 5pm. Can you say sweat box?!

41- songs downloaded from this website. It's a bunch of normal songs remixed just enough to make them sound different. There are 98 songs all together in which about 90 are free to download. I have been listening to the new mixes all weekend. Just a little something to change it up on the iPod.

No comments: