Monday, March 28, 2011

What Just Happened

Let's see...



What best describes my round with the PGA guys this morning...


Well, that would imply that I got off the ground before I crashed and burned. Maybe something more like this:

Either way, you get the picture.


It was a great experience. I have never gone toe to toe with a PGA pro, don't know if I ever will again, but it is truly remarkable how good they are on the course. Michael Letzig is just so pure from 150 yards and in. His driving, heck, I don't think he missed a fairway. On one par 4, he stepped off a chip shot at 52 yards, wanting to land it right at 50 yards. His pitch mark where his ball landed was 2 inches from his target spot. The ball didn't spin as much but he still made his 4 footer for birdie. Oh, this was after his typical 330+ yard drive. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! And to think he was fighting just to play in the Shell Houston Open.


I am now a fan of Letzig.



Numerical Summary for the Round:


0 - penalty shots incurred during the round. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.


20 - feet from the pin after my tee shot on the 17th hole, a 321 yard par 4. Letzig, after seeing this great shot, offered me a thousand bucks to trade shots. I don't think he was kidding as he was right on the cut line shooting a 66. I whiffed the eagle putt but made birdie.


80 - dollars spent on my new Lululemon golf pants for the round. I may have finished near the bottom of the leaderboard, but by golly, I was going to look dang good! By the way, those Lulus were the BEST golf pant I have ever worn. Hands down.


80 + 1 - my score for the day. Humbling, embarassing, disappointing...you get it. However, I didn't quit and I turned in my score card. It's days like this where I need to just suck it up and take my medicine.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Most people would never get that far. What an experience! We doubt it will be your last tournament.

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you, plus you are looking & acting smart to wear those Lululemons! I love mine, too!